Melanie Marquez Profile

Friday, August 22, 2008 |


Movie star, supermodel, and talkshow host, Miss Melanie Marquez continues to grace our screens with her special brand of stardom.

basic info
Name: Melanie Marquez
Nickname: Melanie/Nene
Birthday: July 16, 1964
Birth Place: Mabalacat, Pampanga
Showbiz Anniversary: November 1979

favorites
Hobbies: Writing poems, strumming my guitars, and sketching
Sports: Swimming, volleyball, basketball, combat shooting, etc.
Pets: Cats, dogs, horses
Actors/Actresses
Local: Gloria Romero, Lolita Rodriguez
Foreign: Sophia Loren, Angelina Jolie
Movie: Sound of Music
TV Show: Showbiz Stripped
Singers: Lani Misalucha, Dulce, Martin Nievera, Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand and Lionel Richie
Song: "Greatest Love of All"
Music: Classical and Ballad songs
Book: Bible of King James version
Author: King James

personal
Full Name: Mimilanie Laurel Marquez

Adjectives that best describe you: Reserved/ "behaved"
Fashion: Body fit shirt, polo, shirts and jeans, blue jeans with no make-up
Most treasured item: My wiglet (it’s my real hair) and journal (diary)
Pet Peeves: Negative thinking and outlook in life
Fears: If I go to hell
Unforgettable childhood memory: When my mom and my brother had to share one small pandesal as our meal
Goals: To be a Philantropist
Role Model: Lady Diana, Mother Theresa, Madam Imelda Marcos and my mother, Maria Luisa Laurel

q & a
Why did you enter showbusiness?
My father, Artemio Marquez forced me after winning the Ms. International title, but now I like it (when I took my talent seriously).

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
When I produced and wrote the Untold Story of Melanie Marquez which let me win the Best Actress and Story Writer. It was a grand slam award movie year (1987).

If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
I’ll be a lawyer.

What is your biggest frustration/regret?
Taking to wrong men

What do most people don’t know about you?
My being a loner and homebody

What is your most unforgettable moment/experience?
Taking in love and giving birth to my lovely children

What are you most proud of?
Being a mother

What do you value most?
God, my family and friends

What do you want to achieve?
To be a good role model in doing great things for mankind

What is your advice to aspiring artists?
Have faith in God, be good to yourself in order to be good to others

0 comments: