Karylle Profile

Thursday, August 21, 2008 |


Karylle may not be controversial or overexposed, but this girl is definitely blessed with brains and beauty. She prefers to live a quite showbiz life by focusing on her singing with acting stints every now and then. Catch Karylle's singing prowess in SOP, Sundays at noon!

basic info
Name: Karylle
Nickname: K
Birthday: March 22

favorites
Hobbies: Surfing the net, reading
Sports: Badminton, kickboxing
Pets: Kung Fu (shitzu)
Actors/Actresses
Local: Sharon Cuneta
Foreign: Adam Sandler, Julia Roberts, Ben Stiller, Cameron Diaz, Ashley Judd, Charlize Theron, Julia Ormond, Kate Hudson, Robert Downey, Jr.
Movie: I Am Sam, Fried Green Tomatoes, Chances Are, Save the Last Dance, Honey, Charlie’s Angels, Zoolander, Something About Mary, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
TV Show: Friends, Smallville, Will and Grace, Perfect Strangers, The Osbournes
Singers: Barbra Streisand, The Corrs, Beyonce, Sarah McLachlan, Paula Cole, Alicia Keys, Usher, Craig David, Josh Groban, Matchbox 20, Incognito
Song: "Angel", "Iris", "My Immortal", "My Boo"
Music: All kinds: hip hop, Broadway, senti
Book: Griffin & Sabine series, Chicklit books, Inside a Thug’s Heart, The Alchemist, By The River Piedra I sat down and wept
Author: Paulo Coelho

personal
Adjective that best describes you: Simple
Fashion: Shirt and jeans, grunge
Fashion icon: Ashley Judd
Most treasured item: Relic of St. Therese, pictures of family and friends
Pet Peeves: Cigarette smoke, tapping sound
Unforgettable childhood memory: When I met Ricky Martin of Menudo who was my first crush ever
Role Model: Audrey Hepburn, Maricel Laxa

q & a
Why did you enter showbusiness?
I kept singing in school and for my friends. My dad finally asked me if I wanted to sing on TV too, I said “yes.”

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
When I started to act. It was something I was really afraid to try because I dunno how people would receive me. But I’m happy I tried it coz I love, love, love acting.

If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
I’d be a pre-school teacher

What is your biggest frustration/regret?
No regrets.

What do most people don’t know about you?
That I don’t like to show people I’m sad or mad.

What is your most unforgettable moment/experience?
When I rode a motor bike. I was so scared but it’s the best thing ever. Sarap, the wind on your face mixed with the fear and excitement.

What are you most proud of?
When my blockmates and I launched our scholarship fund through a fundraising event.

What do you value most?
Try to build a solid foundation, finish school, keep in touch with old friends and stay close to your family. And of course, work hard and continually try to improve your craft.

0 comments: