Jaya Ramsey Profile

Thursday, August 21, 2008 |

Her deep, powerful voice and infectious personality truly make her one of a kind. Catch the "Queen of Soul" in SOP and All Star K! on Sundays!

basic info
Name: Jaya Ramsey
Nickname: Jaya, Iyay, Louise
Birthday: March 21, 1970
Birth Place: Manila
Showbiz Anniversary: 1996

favorites
Hobbies: Playing cards, reading, hanging out with friends for chats
Sports: Football, bowling
Pet/s: Chihuahua named Chichi
Actors/Actresses
local: Vilma Santos, Nora Aunor
foreign: Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Jim Carrey, Robert De Niro
Movie: Awakening (Robert De Niro and Robin Williams)
TV Show: SOP, All Star K and Pinoy Pop Superstar
Singers: So many, Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Anita Baker
Song: "Through The Fire," etc.
Music: Brazilian, Hip-hop underground, R&B, the old OPM
Book: Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons
Author: Dan Brown
Expression: Ching, Haysus!

personal
Adjectives that best describe you: Kenkoy na kikay
Fashion: Shirt and jeans
Fashion icon: None
Most treasured item: My house and chihuahua
Pet Peeves: I hate haters and fake people (plastic!)
Fears: Bungee jumping
Unforgettable childhood memory: Singing at the American base in Clark at the age of 12, they gave me a standing ovation and it was my first time to sing on stage
Goals: To have my own talk show like Oprah’s
Role Model: Oprah Winfrey and my mother, Elizabeth Ramsey

q & a
Why did you enter show business?
My mother forced me into entering showbiz, I had no other choice!

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
When I broke into the US market in 1989 and had a Top 40 song in the US Billboard charts without a music video support

If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
Make-up artist or a nurse

What is your biggest frustration/regret? Not having straight hair
What do most people don’t know about you? That I’m goofy and I laugh too much

What is your most unforgettable moment/experience?
Hosting with Allan K. He’s been such great support and teacher and taught me a lot about being spontaneous in front of the camera.

What are you most proud of?
I’m proud of being a strong Filipina woman… I thank you!

What do you value most?
My friendship

What do you want to achieve?
I want to live until the age of 100.

What is your advice to aspiring artists? You just have to let it happen. I believe that being an artist is a true destiny, be a dreamer and everything is within reach.

0 comments: