Mel Tiangco

Friday, August 22, 2008 |


Aside from her post as anchor of the top newscast and host of several top-rating shows, Mel Tiangco is also the COO of the Kapuso Foundation. While her work as a journalist through the years has made her part of Filipino lives, her work with the foundation is what's #1 in her heart.

basic info
Name: Mel Tiangco
Nickname: Mel
Birthday: August 10, 1955
Birth Place:
Showbiz Anniversary:

favorites
Hobbies: Watching live concerts, listening to music
TV Shows: 24 Oras, Magpakailanman, Mel & Joey
Singers: Wency Cornejo
Song: "Magpakailanman"
Music: Retro
Book: Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me by Paula Begoun
Author: Gail Sheehy of the book, “Passages”

personal
Adjective that best describes you: Honest, Hardworking, Modest
Pet/s: 2 dogs (Labrador and Shitzu)
Pet Peeves: Don’t like having my schedules interrupted
Fears: Snakes
Most treasured item: Black and white wedding photo of parents
Goals: To create a positive impact on the lives of Filipinos by means of my profession in the broadcasting industry
Role Model: My father, Arsenio Tiangco, Sr.

q & a
Why did you enter the broadcast industry?
Because I knew I would be good at it

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
When I shifted to broadcasting news in Tagalog (I used to do it in English)

If you weren’t in the media, what kind of career would you have?
I would be a lawyer or a doctor -- something challenging

What is your biggest frustration/regret?
That my father died early. He did not witness the respect that I had brought to his family name.

What do most people don’t know about you?
That most of my happiness comes from small things: like bargaining in tiangge, cleaning my closet, chatting with my kids, or just having time for myself

What are you most proud of?
My children, the integrity that I have because of my work and that I’m still active in my profession

What do you value most?
My family, my good name and my work

What do you want to achieve?
Same as my goal

What is your advice to aspiring broadcasters?
Be interested in people: in their lives, aspirations, pains, problems

0 comments: