Jolina Magdangal Profile

Thursday, August 21, 2008 |

Singer. Actress. Fashion icon. Jolina Magdangal may be petite, but her list of accomplishments in show business is anything but short.

basic info
Name: Jolina Magdangal
Nickname: Jolens
Birthday: November 06, 1978
Birth Place: Quezon City
Showbiz Anniversary: 1992

favorites
Nickname: Jolens
Hobbies: Homebody, watching TV, reading books, take care of my dogs
Pets: 4 dogs—Pomeranian (Fuh-fuh), 3 chihuahua---(Cosmo, Chiquita, Colista)
Actors/Actresses
Local: Maricel Soriano, Sharon Cuneta, Richard Gomez
Foreign: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Merryl Streep
Movie: All Julia Roberts movies esp. My Bestfriend’s Wedding and all of Meg Ryan’s esp. Sleepless in Seattle, plus I like movies with investigative themes
TV Show: Of course, I Luv New York, Eat Bulaga, Extra Challenge, all shows in ETC, F Channel, Starworld
Singers: Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Tori Amos, Alanis M., Bread, Beattles, Babyface
Song: "The Promise"
Music: Senti, grunge, oldies
Book: Books on make-up, love stories like The Notebook, Five People You Will Meet in Heaven, astrology books (sometimes)

personal
Full Name: Maria Jolina Perez Magdangal

Adjectives that best describe you: Happy and jolly person
Fashion: Jeans & white shirt
Fashion icon: Regine V., Pops Fernandez
Fears: Being alone, I don’t want to grow old alone and lonely; heights
Pet Peeves: Back stabbers, unorganized persons, I’m not into Mexican and Arabian food
Unforgettable childhood memory: Pag walang pasok, nasa isang open field kami ng mga high school friends for a picnic. Kanya-kanya kaming dala ng food
Goals: To tour the world
Role Model: Sharon Cuneta

q & a
Why did you enter show business?
I don’t expect to be here. It was my parent’s idea to audition in 14k (Ryan Cayabyab’s musical group). Everything was not planned, sobrang biglaan lang. Luckily, nakuha ako at nagtuluy-tuloy na.

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
When I became a solo artist in Ang TV

If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
I’m into business running my own boutique and fashion gallery or I’m into public service or a social worker.

What are you most proud of?
I am proud of my investments, 'yung bahay at boutique ko at siyempre 'yung natutulungan ko ang family ko

What do you value most?
I value my investments, my family and the people whom I made happy and been part of my life

What do you want to achieve?
I want to have my own family

What is your advice to aspiring artists?
Be professional

0 comments: