Ehra Madrigal Profile

Thursday, August 21, 2008 |


BIO

Geralyn Madrigal Gaspar, who is better known by her screen name Ehra Madrigal (born June 25, 1985 in Quezon City, Philippines) is a Filipina actress. She is a talent of Annabelle Rama and is a contract artist of GMA Network. A high school graduate of St. Mary’s College, Quezon City, she is the eldest sister of fellow actress Michelle Madrigal and the daughter of former actress Karla Kalua, whose real name is Katherine Ann Madrigal. She, her younger sister Michelle, and her mother are distant relatives of affluent Spanish-Visayan family, the Madrigal Family.

A. Basic Info

Name: Geralyn Madrigal Gaspar AKA Ehra Madrigal
Nickname: Ehra
Birthday: June 25, 1985
Birthplace: Quezon City, Philippines
Showbiz Anniversary: August 15 2004(SIGNED CONTRACT WITH MY MANAGER) November 29, 2004 (1ST TV GUESTING IN MULAWIN)

B. Favorites

Hobbies: Going to the gym, malling, watching TV and movies, surfing the net
Pet/s: I don’t have any. I wish I can have a Maltese or a pug. It’s just that its’ not allowed in the condo I’m in though
Actors/Actresses
Local: Jericho Rosales and Maricel Soriano
Foreign: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
Movie: Passion of Christ, 50 First Dates, The Notebook, Troy, Spiderman 1 and 2 and a whole lot more
TV Show: The O.C, Sex and the City, Fear Factor, Iron Chef, MTV, ETC Channel, Lifestyle Network
Singers: Akafellas, Vince and Duncan of Southborder, Rico B. of Rivermaya, Bamboo of Bamboo, Ely B. of Eraserheads, Lindsay Lohan, Spice Girls, Usher, Beyonce Knowles
Song: Tanging Bituin, Balisong, Imposible, 214, and With a Smile
Music: OPM Bands such as Rivermaya, Bamboo, Eraserheads, R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, Chill-Out, Trance. As long as it’s not punk or heavy metal.
Book: The Notebook, Tuesdays with Morrie, Purpose Driven Life, The Alchemist, and Angels and Demons.
Author: Nicholas Sparks and Paulo Coelho
Expression: Whatever, Kamusta naman yun and Pasaway

C. Personal

Adjectives that best describe you: Shy, down to earth, “koboy”
Fashion: I’m usually in jeans or cropped pants, tank top or vintage shirts and flip-flops or chucks. But when I go gimmick, I really dress up
Fashion icon: Lindsay Lohan
Most treasured item: My cellphone, ipod and pictures and letters of loved ones.
Pet Peeves: Mareklamo… Someone who thinks highly of themselves. And yung masyadong maarte.
Fears: Losing my loved ones. Not being able to achieve something. That people will just forget me.
Unforgettable childhood memory: Playing patintero and tumbang preso with my cousins in Bulacan. Sobrang riot yun. Ang kulit!
Goals: To lose 10-15 pounds this year. To have more “rakets”. To finish my studies. To improve my acting abilities and to be able to touch other people’s life through my work even in a little way.
Role Model: My Mom

II. Q & A

Why did you enter show business?
When Tita Anabelle asked me if I wanted to be in this business, I immediately said yes because it’s the perfect timing and the thought of acting and dancing in front of a lot of people kept me exited. And ok yung pay. Hehe. But as time goes by, I learned to really love what I’m doing. I know that there’s a purpose why I’m here. I’m passionate about this and I want to keep on learning.

What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
Playing the role of Vanessa in Kung Mamahalin Mo Lang Ako. It’s my first soap na isa ko sa mga bida.

If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
I’d probably continue my modeling career. I might be a pre-school teacher or a chef.

What is your biggest frustration/regret?
I wish I can sing really well.

What do most people don’t know about you?
That I’m a really shy person. I’m usually quiet and a loner. I sometimes go to malls by myself. And I still commute. I don’t have a car yet so I take a cab or MRT to tapings and stuff.

What is your most unforgettable moment/experience?
My first TV stint as one of the tagubas in Mulawin. I have worked with the entire cast and staff. It was really amazing.

What are you most proud of?
The values that my parents taught me and my principles in life. My family, loved ones and my life.

What do you value most?
Family and loved ones.

What do you want to achieve?
In my career, to have an action fantaserye/movie, like The Tomb Raider of Angelina Jolie, to improve my acting abilities and to win an acting award. To have my own car and house this year. To have peace of mind and more success in life.

What is your advice to aspiring artists? If you’re really passionate about this, then do it. It’s not just about getting rich and famous. It entails hard work, perseverance and determination. Hone your talents plus have a nice personality and good attitude too. Be sure to know the ins and outs of the business. Maraming chismis and intriga, dapat malakas ang loob…..and just stay grounded….

TRIVIA#1:
Ehra first appeared on TV through a cameo in Mulawin in 2004. She also appeared in other fantaseryes of GMA-7 including “Encantadia” and “Majika.” She’s also part of the movie “Enteng Kabisote 2″ and “I Will Always Love You.”

Ehra on her busty pair:
“Dati super naiilang talaga ako. Kaya nga kuba akong maglakad dati — imagine grade 2, I already had boobs, naka-slouch ako kasi nahihiya talaga ako. Ngayon thankful na ako kasi sabi nila it’s an asset.”

0 comments: